The Canon 200D Mark II is an entry-level DSLR camera that has taken the photography world by storm. With its compact size, lightweight design, and advanced features, the 200D Mark II is a favourite among amateur photographers and professionals alike. And while the camera itself is a great investment, one cannot ignore the importance of choosing the right lenses to pair with it. This ultimate buying guide will explore the top 10 Canon 200D Mark II lenses available in India for capturing stunning shots and taking your photography to the next level.
Compatibility with Canon 200D Mark II
The Canon 200D Mark II is compatible with Canon EF mount lenses, which means it can work with a wide range of lens options. This opens up countless possibilities for photographers to experiment and achieve their desired shots. The camera also has a crop factor of 1.6x, meaning that the focal length of the lens will be multiplied by 1.6. For example, a 50mm lens will effectively act as an 80mm lens on the Canon 200D Mark II. This gives photographers more range and versatility while shooting. Now, let’s dive into the best lenses for the Canon 200D Mark II.
Best Wide-angle Lenses
Wide-angle lenses are perfect for capturing landscapes and architecture, as they allow photographers to fit more into the frame. On the Canon 200D Mark II, the crop factor reduces the field of view, making wide-angle lenses even more essential for achieving the desired shot. Some of the best wide-angle lenses for the Canon 200D Mark II are:
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM – This lens is a budget-friendly option for those looking to experiment with wide-angle shots. With its 10-18mm focal length range, it allows for capturing sweeping vistas and stunning architectural details. It also has image stabilization technology for sharper shots.
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD – The Tamron 10-24mm is a versatile lens that offers a wider range of focal lengths, making it ideal for landscape and architecture photography. It also has image stabilization for better low-light performance and a moisture-resistant design.
- Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM – This lens offers a wider aperture range of f/3.5, making it great for low-light shooting. It also has fast autofocus and a lightweight design, making it a favourite among photographers who shoot on the go.
Top Telephoto Lenses
Telephoto lenses are designed for capturing distant subjects with clarity and detail. They are perfect for wildlife and sports photography, where getting physically close to the subject is not always possible. Here are some top telephoto lens options for the Canon 200D Mark II:
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM – This lens offers a versatile focal length range, making it suitable for a range of shooting scenarios. It also has image stabilization technology and a super-quiet stepping motor for smooth and silent autofocus.
- Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro – This budget-friendly lens offers a longer focal length range and has a macro mode for capturing close-up details. It also has a built-in motor for quick and precise autofocus.
Macro lenses are specially designed for capturing small objects and tiny details in sharp focus. They are perfect for close-up shots of flowers, insects, and other small subjects. Some great macro lens options for the Canon 200D Mark II are:
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM – This lens has a 1:1 magnification ratio, making it perfect for capturing intricate details. It also has a silent and quick USM motor for autofocus and a compact design for easy portability.
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro – With its longer focal length, this lens allows for more working distance between the camera and the subject, making it great for macro shots of skittish insects. It also has optical image stabilization and a fast autofocus system.
Prime lenses have a fixed focal length, meaning they cannot zoom in or out. This may seem limiting, but they offer superior image quality and are ideal for low-light shooting. They also force photographers to be creative with composition and framing. Here are some top prime lenses for the Canon 200D Mark II:
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM – This lens is often dubbed as the “nifty fifty” for its versatile 50mm focal length and wide maximum aperture of f/1.8. It is great for shooting portraits, street photography, and everyday shots with creamy bokeh.
- Sony Zeiss Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA – This lens offers a wide maximum aperture of f/1.4, making it ideal for low-light shooting and achieving a shallow depth of field. It also has Zeiss T* coating for better image contrast and clarity.
Zoom lenses are a versatile choice for photographers as they provide a range of focal lengths in one lens. They are great for adapting to different shooting scenarios and offer flexibility in composing shots. Some top zoom lens options for the Canon 200D Mark II are:
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – This is a great all-around lens with a versatile focal length range and image stabilization technology. It also has a stepping motor for smooth and silent autofocus, making it suitable for video recording.
- Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD – This lens offers an even longer focal length range and has image stabilization technology for sharp shots. It also has a piezoelectric motor for fast and precise autofocus.
Portrait lenses are designed specifically for capturing beautiful, flattering shots of people. They have a focal length that mimics how the human eye sees, making them perfect for capturing natural-looking portraits. Here are some top portrait lenses for the Canon 200D Mark II:
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM – This lens offers a longer focal length, making it perfect for portraits and achieving a shallow depth of field. It also has a wide maximum aperture of f/1.8 for low-light shooting and creamy bokeh.
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD – This lens offers image stabilization technology, making it perfect for handheld portraits. It also has a fast and accurate Ultrasonic Silent Drive motor for autofocus.
Sports and Wildlife Lenses
Sports and wildlife photography require fast-moving subjects to be captured in sharp focus. This can be achieved with lenses that have a long focal length and quick autofocus. Here are some top lenses for sports and wildlife photography with the Canon 200D Mark II:
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM – This professional-grade lens offers a wide maximum aperture of f/2.8 for low-light shooting and image stabilization technology. It also has a fast and accurate Ultrasonic Motor for quick autofocus.
- Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 – With its long focal length range and image stabilization technology, this lens is perfect for wildlife photography. It also has a fast and precise Ultrasonic Silent Drive motor for autofocus.
Enhance your photography experience by investing in some essential lens accessories. These can help improve image quality, protect your lenses and make your shooting experience more comfortable. Some must-have lens accessories for the Canon 200D Mark II are:
- Polarizing Filter – A polarizing filter can help reduce glare and reflections while increasing color saturation and contrast in your photos.
- Lens Hood – A lens hood can prevent lens flare and protect your lens from accidental bumps and scratches.
- Cleaning Kit – A cleaning kit with a lens cloth, blower, and solution can help keep your lenses clean and free from dust and smudges.
Last but not least, not everyone has a big budget to spend on lenses. Thankfully, there are some great budget-friendly options for the Canon 200D Mark II that still deliver great image quality. Some of these include the Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens, the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC, and the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM Art lens.
Choosing the right lens for your Canon 200D Mark II can make a world of difference in your photography. Whether you enjoy capturing landscapes, wildlife, or portraits, there is a lens that can elevate your shots to the next level. Consider your shooting style and budget, and invest in a good quality lens that will help you create amazing images. Happy shooting!